Monday 18 May 2009

Day 9 Dundee to Inverurie

Miles 82.83 time 5:50:37 average speed 14.1 mph max speed 34.3 mph
puncture! 1

Whilst the B & B in Dundee was good, the promise of pasta at the local eatery never materialised ("we have just sold out Sir!").

I set off this morning kitted out in my water proofs as it was pouring down. The roads were in an awful state and after 5 miles I got my first puncture from a shard of glass. It was the front tyre so a bit easier to fix (15mins), so I was a bit *** off this morning.

But as I progressed out of the urban bits and further north, the road, the scenery, and my mood all improved vastly. Arbroath looked nice, Montrose for coffee and cake was good, and lunch in Stonehaven by the harbour was very pleasant.

This afternoon the rain all but dried up, it was relatively warm, and I got some very welcomed help from a tail wind.

The ride over the hills from Stonehaven to Inverurie was fast, smooth, and navigation was good today so I really enjoyed the second half of the day. The very heavy shower when I was within 5 mins of the B & B didn't spoil anything.

So an early finish at 4.55 pm means I can check out the Monday night Inverurie night life (when I have mended the punctured inner tube).

No comments:

Post a Comment