Tuesday 19 May 2009

Day 10 Inverurie to Inverness

miles 88.79 time 6:07:02 average speed 14.5 mph max speed 35.2 mph
punctures 1

The night life in Inverurie was quiet. I made do with a really nice spaghetti in an Italian, and golf on setanta in the pub.

Todays ride has been easy to navigate. A96 to Inverness.

It's been a ride of two halves (well 2/3 & 1/3). The first 2/3 to Elgin, across country were rolling hills, fairly quiet, and good surfaces. I stupidly picked up a puncture when I ran over a smallish (half golf ball size) stone whilst doing 30mph on the hardstrip of the road. Fortunately it was sunny this time as it was all morning. Coffee and scone in Keif for elevenses and lunch in a scottish sounding restaurant in Elgin, Mc Donald's. I went "large".

After lunch the road was very busy, narrower, rougher and not much fun at all. On top of that I caught 3 or 4 heavy showers between sunshine.

I've just met up with John and Mike from Achintraid on the west coast so we might have a couple of halves tonight.

Off to Helmsdale tomorrow.

Nearly there now!

No comments:

Post a Comment